Friday, March 15, 2013

Incheon, Korea

In February I had the opportunity to go to Seoul Korea. I went to visit my friend Joanna who is living there teaching English. On Feb 18th we went to Incheon where China Town is. Kind of funny that there is even a China Town in another Asian Country. 

Ellie put on this hat in one of the little shops and then she got in trouble for trying on the merchandise. 
Ellie, Me, Joanna in front of the gates of China Town. 
This is a Chinese traditional dish and we are sitting in the onion. 
This dish is called jajamyun.
Hanging with the solders. 
Fun paintings on a restaurant. 
This was one of the most intricate stairways I have ever seen. 
This guy was making honey almond candy and he was entertaining. He was telling us funny things as he was stretching the honey. IT got to be thin strings that looked like a gauze bandage when it was rolled up with the almond chunks. You will see a better picture of the end product in my Korean Food blog. He gave me, Joanna and Ellie all a sample piece to try. Joanna also had her friend Shawn who is a Korean Native being our tour guide. He didn't give Shawn a piece so at the end Shawn said what about me and the guys said well I guess you can have one too. It was quit funny. 


The whole gang, Ellie, Me, Joanna and Shawn. 
Korean's always do the V with their fingers in pictures. 
I guess I hadn't caught on to it yet at this point. 
Another really cool stair way. 
Yup, I think she is trying to kiss him. He was a little hard headed about the whole thing. :) 

Shawn is a good jumper. 
View of the Yellow Sea. 
Ellie why are you not saluting? 
General Douglas McArthur of the Korean War
I tried to smoke his pipe but it was a bit too much for me. 
Always being silly
Really pretty rooster. 

A tunnel made by the Japanese to make it easier to trade goods. 
Traditional gate. 
More Korean War monuments. 
This was the coolest building I saw. From a distance I thought it was a design in tiles. 
...but the closer I got
...I could clearly see they were bottle tops. 
It makes me wonder how long they collected the bottle tops to be able to design the exterior of the building. And did they come up with the design first and say "we need 1200 red tops and 5000 green tops?"
The oldest post office in Korea. 
Captain Joanna
We all got hooked. ...ha ha ha
The really long bridge. So long I couldn't even fit it all in the camera. 
So long I couldn't even see it from one end to the other. 
It was freezing cold in Korea. I was never so glad for a cup of hot chocolate before. 
It was so nice to sit in a warm cafe and sip a warm drink. 
To top of the night we went to the Rodeo. I didn't get to see a single cowboy or horse. Alright well it wasn't that kind of a Rodeo. It was where they sell all of their expensive line of clothing and accessories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment