Thursday, April 11, 2013

Phuket Thailand site seeing

Karon View Point

Sea Hawks

I loved the bright red bush with the view of the ocean in the background. 
We were able to see Big Buddha from the view point. 

The Male elephant of the heard. Look at those tusks. 

We went to an orchid garden.  
They were very pretty. 








Chained Parrot
Chained Monkey

This is at Big Buddha, it is hard to see but if you look close along the edge of the roof you will see bells hanging, lots of them. They will hang a bell for good luck. 
These were some really cool benches. I took pictures of the benches for my dad. Because I thought he would really like them. I could see him someday making some like this. 
Joanna and I in front of Big Buddha. 

A Shrine
A worship center. Off to the right is a monk blessing people. 


Terrace garden area.

A scenic view of the surroundings. 


Thai Temples
Beautiful buildings. 
I was able to go in and it was very colorful and you could tell that there was a lot of history and stories being told through the murals on the walls. 

The banister is the body of the dragon. I thought it was a very clever idea.  

Lovely landscaping down below in a garden out back of the Temples. I think this is a hidden place. There were no people back here and I don't think most know it is there. 
View of the Temple grounds. 

The landscaping here was most delightful. 

Another thing they do for luck is take a white tulip and putting it here and say a prayer. 
The funny thing is I saw a lady go and collect the flowers and take them back to the shop to resell them. Talk about making the most of your buck.  

A monk worship center. 



The next stop was to a cashew factory. This was a fascinating place. 
I had no idea how cashews grew. I didn't realize they were part of a fruit. 
That is the cashew on the bottom of that yellow fruit. 
They have to shell the cashews one by one by hand and this blue machine. 
It is a tedious process. 
They had all kinds of flavors, butter, roasted, candy, salted, sesame, garlic, chocolate, chili, honey, honey sesame, tum yum, black pepper, coffee, curry fried, and Thai Herd. 
The next stop was the honey factory. 


I was excited that I finally saw bananas on the banana trees. 
They had all sorts of fun things in their honey shop. They had honey vinegar, honey chocolate covered fruits and a ton of other fun stuff I just can't remember all of it. 
We also stopped off at the pearl shop. Pearls are native to the area so both Joanna and I were able to get a pearl piece of jewelry for cheaper than it would cost us in the states. We had a fun time seeing all the different sites of the area. There was a whole lot more that we could have done given more time. I really enjoyed the main land at Phuket much more than the Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment